The Harley Consultancy offers psychological interventions for a range of psychological presenting issues including common mental health issues (such as anxiety, depression, burn-out and self esteem).
We provide individual or couples face to face contact in a private practice setting in Harley Street and the City of London. Video sessions are also possible, if considered appropriate. All clients attend an assessment session before being accepted for therapy.
Therapists are qualified psychotherapists and/or counsellors, registered or accredited with UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy), BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) or both. Therapists carry professional and public liability insurance, and abide by a professional Code of Conduct.
Sessions are privately funded, unless the costs can be covered by employers, or private health insurance (and the referral is accepted by the insurers).
We welcome referrals from private or NHS GPs and consultants, as prompt psychological treatment improves recovery and may reduce the need for medication. Patients who can invest in private therapy and who want to be seen quickly are removed from the NHS waiting list.
Hours of operation
City of London: Afternoons plus evening sessions on Thursdays.
Harley Street: Normal working hours plus evening sessions on Fridays.
Sessions are also available on other days via video link.
- Age 18 onwards
- Mild, moderate and moderate-to-severe anxiety, depression, panic attacks, generalised anxiety disorder, stress and burn-out symptoms
- Mild, moderate and moderate-to-severe traumatic symptoms following an incident, and post traumatic stress disorder (as defined by DSM-IV diagnostic criteria)
- Mild, moderate and moderate-to-severe self-confidence and self-esteem issues
- Relationship issues
- At work, return to work and work-life balance issues
- No risk or only low to moderate levels of risk to self and/or others
- Ability to fund session fees, such as self funded or through health insurance
- Under the age of 18
- Already supported by specialist mental health services
- Acute symptoms, and/or complex symptoms, that may include a personality disorder, psychotic features and/ or significant psychiatric co-morbidity with inadequate response to multiple treatments
- Serious indications of risk to self and others with intent or means.
- Unable to fund session fees.
Jacky Francis Walker, Director, The Harley Consultancy,
7 Rosebay Close, Norwich, Norfolk NR6 6DX
Tel: 07796 904473